Saturday, September 29, 2012

More From Orkney

 Untitled (street), Orkney 2012.
Untitled (alley), Orkney 2012.

More of that wonderful subtle light in Orkney.  I also couldn't seem to get enough of the deserted street scenes.  There are a lot of wonderful people on that small island, but none of them made it into any of my pictures.  I had planned on taking a lot of landscape pictures durring our stay, but the one day we had to explore and do a nice long 15 mile hike was also the day of a massive and extremely cold storm, so these post downpour shots were all I managed to capture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my wife has this fantasy about living there. i'm not sure i could take it. if i were to live anywhere remote in the UK, it would be the north pennines in cumbria.

Elyse said...

I think I have a fantasy about living there now. It's so beautiful. Not sure I could handle that isolation year round, I think NYC has turned me into a city kid, but if there was some way I could visit frequently I would not turn it down.