Tuesday, July 10, 2012


 Never Follow (ver 1-6), Krakow 2012.

When I said the street art in Poland was amazing, I wasn't kidding.  Given the history of the country it is also some of the most politically charged work I've seen.  This particular piece is HUGE, it covers the side of an entire building on an otherwise rather unassuming street in the Podgórze district and was done by Italian street artist Blu.  I ran into it on the walk back from the Museum of Contemporary Art on my last day in Krakow.  I'm still a little bummed that I only had black and white film in my camera since the horn/bell is quite brilliant in color but I think the results are still arresting.  Not sure which image I like best and its always a tricky line when it's an image of someone else's work but I am curious to know what peoples thoughts are.  Does it work? Any particular image stand out?





The mural truly is amazing and, if you happen to find yourself in the area, well worth a visit.  For those that aren't however, there is a pretty nice 360 degree image here.

No comments: